Sunday, September 13, 2009

Digital Pens

After reading this article in eSchool News, and lots of research on the internet, I have put in my order for an IOGEAR digital pen, and now I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

This piece of technology is going to serve me well during my time at Uni as it will allow me to hand write my notes at Uni onto any piece of paper and, when I get home I upload the information straight to my computer. From there I can convert my notes to text through the handwriting recognition software, edit away, print out and hand in!
I think this will save me a lot of time as I sometimes write copious notes that I then need to type into word and organise and I am not the most proficient typist around.

This pen would be great for taking minutes from meetings as well.
This pen would have many uses in school such as having students use it in a rough draft of work, if all the computers are being used in the room, to be uploaded when a computer becomes available, giving the student a head start on their work.
To help students with poor hand writting skills become neater as the computer needs to be able to recognise the letters.
If students are composing a story it could easily be turned into an e-book if the final draft was written with the digital pen, it could be an incentive reward for the students to get to use the pen too.
I could use the pen to collate digital copies of the comments written on students work and put these on the students file without the tediousness of doing that manually and therefore doing everything twice!
Oh the possibilities...now back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment